At Yard Hack, we use your information in order for us to effectively communicate with you and provide our landscaping construction services. We care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your data.
Here is a breakdown of our key policies and procedures related to your privacy and user experience:
Yard Hack provide you with the option to take advantage of our free and paid landscaping services. We believe that landscaping should be simple, understandable and fun.
Our team offers free and paid services that help homeowners receive, understand, and purchase landscaping services. Our free service includes a 3D landscape design created by our Yard Hack Guides, with recommended plants and an estimate of costs for landscaping installation. This helps you visualize what your yard would look like and how much it would cost if you were to hire a professional for the job – for free.
You are under no obligation to become a customer or make any purchases. Purchases are only required once you approve an estimate and pay your deposit to schedule your project. We do not—and will not—sell your Information to third parties or advertisers.
When you sign up for or use our Services, you agree to give us certain Personal Data, including:
1. Project Content: Uploaded photos, inspirational photos, and project descriptions.
2. User Content: Username and password, address, contact information such as email address and phone number. We use this information to proceed with your project and contact you only. This content includes email exchanges, texts, project photos, or other content/information uploaded, shared, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with the use of our Services and/or Software.
3. Payment Information: If you choose to pay online through our payment portal with Stripe® you will provide your credit card number directly to Stripe®. We follow Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI) and will not collect or store your payment information on our servers. If you provide us with payment through other methods such as cash, cheque, or e-transfer, we will protect and keep your information secure.
Stripe® is a dedicated and secure online payment provider who strictly follows PCI Standards. Millions of businesses of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises—use Stripe’s software and APIs to accept payments, send payouts, and manage their businesses online.
When you create your account, our system will recognize the type of device (mobile or desktop) you use to connect with our Site:
1. IP data: Our servers automatically collect data when you access our online chat function. This log data includes only your IP address. Our chat function uses your IP data to establish your communication with Yard Hack.
2. Usage information: This is information about the Yard Hack Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We do not collect Personal Data from the Site, however, we do obtain statistics from our third-party partners and service providers, such Google Analytics. These statistics to analyze how users use the Site, Software, and/or Services. We use these statistics to better understand and optimize the Site.
3. Device information: The type of hardware and browser you are using.
We will use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
1. Providing our Site, Software, and/or Services, to authenticate users for security purposes, processing transactions, developing new features, and improving the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
2. To display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you and our Yard Hack Guides when using our Site and Services.
3. We use Google Analytics and other third-parties’ statistics to optimize and improve our website which calculates statistics on the number of devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services. For more information visit: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/?hl=en-US
4. To market project landscaping construction and 3D design photos on marketing materials, including our website, social media accounts, and advertising content.
5. We communicate with service providers who assist us in hosting, delivering and improving our Services. We will be providing your phone number and address to our suppliers, installers, and delivery team only when necessary to complete the project.
6. When we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
7. If you’re unable to log in to or authenticate your account and our team must retrieve your information to regain access.
8. When it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services
We will only send you emails related to project information, timelines, updates, and communications.
We are dedicated to protecting your information such as your Personal Data and User Content, and will take reasonable precautions to protect it. We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit and at rest. If we learn of a security system breach, we will do our best to protect and recover user data and will immediately notify users.
Whether you know what you’re looking to get done or you need help from the start, our Yard Hack Guides can support you along the way. Create your account now.